Wednesday 5 December 2012

Living my life with peace in my mind, heart and Soul

This weekend I went to London with four of my favourite people. We went to see Jason Mraz perform at the O2 Arena and spent some time together chilling like ice cream filling. The latter of those things may seem trivial but doesn’t happen nearly as often as we’d like as most of us are spread out across the country.
Quite early in the gig Mraz played ‘The Remedy’. I began singing almost before my brain caught up. Then as we reached the bridge and the line ‘I won't worry my life away’ it was like time stopped just for the briefest of moments. In that moment it was as though everything melted away and I felt free. It seems hard to describe here but it felt as though all the stresses, frustrations and worries of the last two years were physical weights being almost- literally lifted off my shoulders. When reality came filtering back in I was aware that I was surrounded by some of my best friends, some of the people I trust most in this world and I felt safe and supported. I spent the rest of the gig in a giddy bubble. The whole experience was, well the only genuine word I have for it is euphoric. I know that sounds cheesy reader, perhaps a little twee but I don’t use that word lightly.
Over the last couple of days I’ve been floating on a post-weekend high and done my best to maintain the mellow, one might say easy and breezy, approach to life. I do generally try to look for the joy in day to day life but sometimes the skies get rough and though it’s not anyone’s fault sometimes things pile on top of each other. It was a perfectly timed reminder so Mr Mraz I’m taking your advice and I’m looking on the bright side.

Congratulations if you spotted all Mraz lyric references dotted throughout this post by the way- Your prize is 10 extra cool points. Unfortunately at this time aforementioned prize cannot be exchanged for its monetary value or a gift of commensurate value.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! That is all.
    Love this. Proper love YOU.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, please do - I appreciate every one.